i spent a long time running, years of tripping on my toes ’til i found you
- Who: Shaun Hettinger & now a band
- What: Infectious & heartfelt synthpop , like Penguin Prison, The Rapture, Holy Ghost!
- Where: Brooklyn, NY + Facebook / Soundcloud / Bandcamp / Amazon
- When: The Dreams EP is out in April.
- Why: Don’t let the name fool you, this isn’t a joke. Unless you consider blissing out to crisp dance-pop gems while colored strobe lights freeze your shapes a joke. This is serious. Seriously groovy. Shaun Hettinger once had a bands names The Squares. They broke up and he started making music with his cat. They eventually broke up too and Shaun moved to NYC where he continued studying Wham and crafting Kitten Berry Crunch’s sound. “When This Is Over” was the first fruit of that labor and I highly suggest you partake. Dreams expands on KBC’s sound, pushing the infectiousness higher (“Black and Blue”) as well as general danceability (“The Flash”) and funkiness (“Miami”). A few weeks ago the name Kitten Berry Crunch made me laugh. Now it makes me smile for different reasons.