blood fills the nose, poor hand strikes out back and forth
- Who: 4 guys who grew up a couple miles from me.
- What: Sunny indie pop, like Kisses, Tanlines, Vampire Weekend.
- Where: Santa Monica, CA + Facebook / Soundcloud / Amazon
- When: The Remembrance of Things to Come LP is out now & the title track is also free here.
- Why: Named not after the University, but after the street that’s named after the University, LA’s Princeton have been floating around my radar for a few years now. Since they are from my hood and deal in the kind of vibes I like to be dealt, I wanted to be a fan. And now, with “Andre,” I am. The methodically plodding xylophone, lightly fuzzed guitar, and high drama strings, blend into a track that is as intoxicating as it is appropriate for a Wes Anderson montage sequence. Speaking of which, who else is pumped for Moonrise Kingdom!?