[EP] St. Lucia – ST. LUCIA (w/ “We Got It Wrong”)
By 8 Comments|
your heart, open, under the stairs, it was simple enough
- Who: Jean-Philip Grobler & friends
- What: Tropical dance rock, like Friendly Fires, Polarsets, Tanlines
- Where: New York, NY + Facebook
- When: The self-titled EP is out now.
- Why: Originally from Johannesburg, South Africa, Grobler has a rich history with both music and travel that you can hear spilling through his songs as St. Lucia. Lush, emotional, and tightly produced, St Lucia songs are love songs for summer sunsets and sunshine romance. It’s impossible not to get swept up in the momentum of an 80s inspired chant-along like “We Got It Wrong.” The whole EP is packed with these infectious moments that keep me coming back to this EP over and over this summer. While I was first turned on to St. Lucia by Viceroy’s “Closer Than This” remix, I’m realizing that he has some pretty stellar source material to work with.
← Previous Story [EP] Digits – WHERE DO YOU BELONG? (w/ “Looking For The Cure”)