think a little, do a lot, take whatever hits the spot
- Who: Nic, Bobby, Kirk, Rudy, Kyle, Ryan
- What: Jumpy guitar indie, like J. Roddy Walston, My Chemical Romance,
- Where: Seattle, WA + Facebook
- When: We are patiently waiting for a new album.
- Why: 2005′s Volcano is one of the seminal albums of the mid 00′s and got heavy rotation in my world. Catching a few of their raging live shows in small NYC venues were highlights of my time in that city. Then they went on hiatus. We were all sad. Apparently they came back with this jam LAST YEAR but nobody told me so I’m late to the party. “Modern Man” is rippling with Volcano-era GAD sounds, from the off beat guitar crunching to ripping rhythm section to subdued and creeping vocal moments. They are a singular band making unique sounds and its great to think there might be new album that is more up my alley than 2006′s self titled disappointment. If this is your first tast of Gatsbys American Dream then dip your toes in the magic of album opener “Theatre” from Volcano.
♫ Gatsbys American Dream – Theatre [Volcano, 2005]