[STREAM] Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – “Same Love” feat. Mary Lambert
god loves all his children is somehow forgotten but we paraphrase a book written 3500 years ago
- Who: Ben Haggerty & Ryan Lewis
- What: Indie hip-hop from the heart, like Jellyfish Brigade, Dream Jefferson, Why?
- Where: Seattle, WA + Facebook
- When: Debut LP The Heist is out October 9. Buy “Same Love” now and support the Music for Marriage Equality campaign.
- Why: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis have been pushing against the tropes of mainstream hip-hop for a while but “Same Love” may be their strongest and most beautiful piece to date. The obvious implications of what the song’s pro-gay-marriage stance means in the excessively homophobic hip-hop community aside, the song just nails it. Macklemore’s storytelling is impeccable and Lambert’s guest vocals add a great contrast to his rasp. As well as a tender feminine touch to a song that is just about love. Mmmm. Just feel it. Times, they are a changing. Stay honest to yourself and speak up for what you believe in. No one else can do it for you.