i’ll pretend that i don’t think of you at all
- Who: Sean, Bradley, Michael, Reese, Ryan and sometimes Joseph.
- What: Heartache rock, like The National, Of Monsters and Men, Mumford & Sons
- Where: Echo Park, Los Angeles + Facebook
- When: Get their debut EP Don’t Worry for free here.
- Why: I have been hearing about No for at least 8 months and have stubbornly neglected to track down any of their music. A local band with a name that nondescript can have that kind of negative-motivational effect. If only someone had mentioned that they would remind me of The National then I wouldn’t have been spending all this time not rocking out at their shows and not loving this EP. Embarrassing times. Well, lets forget about all that and soak in the sadness of “Another Life’ and its tale of lost love. Shuffling percussion, dancing guitar lines and delicate vocals swirl together so beautifully that when the “oooh oooh ooooooohs” kick in it’s like literal icing on the cake. I’ll have another slice, please. Lucky, because there are 5 more on the EP.