we’re never gonna away, from dreaming of the good ol days
- Who: Jonathan Clay & Zach Chance
- What: Southern slanted Indie Rock, like Brown Shoe, Kings of Leon, Y Luv
- Where: Los Angeles, CA + Facebook
- When: The Knives & Pipes EP is out now.
- Why: Jamestown Revival play music that you can feel the history in. And not just of the south-folk tinged genre itself, but in the songs and stories they tell. Its no surprise that Jonathan and Zach go way back. Growing up together in Austin, Texas, they have built their chemistry through years of friendship. “Ain’t it a Shame” is my favorite song on their solid 4 song EP. I think. It’s hard to pick. Even harder when you see them live, which I was lucky enough to do in someone’s living room at a recent Sofar Sounds event in Venice. Pretty amazing.