[LP] Wild Cub – YOUTH (w/ “Thunder Clatter” + “Jonti”)
i see you hidden in the night
- Who: Keegan DeWitt (TBE alum!) & Jeremy Bullock
- What: Danceable indie rock, like Generationals, Kisses, Young Empires
- Where: Nashville, TN + Facebook
- When: Buy debut LP Youth now.
- Why: First of all, I’m sorry. Sometimes I find an album that takes me by such surprise, that makes me so satisfied with it’s sounds, that I keep it to myself for far too long. I’m caught between the disbelief that it is as good as I think, and the nerves that come with writing a review of an album I love. It’s all illogical and foolish at best, but its the way I am. I’m like the partner that loves you so much that they don’t even know how to show it. Sorry Keegan and Jeremy, I do love you. And I love the beautiful baby Youth you’ve raised into this world.
My recent favorite tracks “Thunder Clatter,” “Straight No Turns,” and “Jonti” are are the perfect triangulation of their sound somewhere between the shaggy indie rock appeal of Generationals and the synth dance shades of Kisses. Hell, “Wishing Well” even throws some 80s nods to classic Peter Gabriel. Wild Cub draw rich water from a variety of wells but the cocktail they mix is undeniably their own.