If grandma didn’t want her fine china rattling like a maraca then she shouldn’t have let grandpa put in such a killer hi-fi. This bass was meant to blow the plastic cover off the living room couch and let the dog know who is the alpha (Hint: Amtrac is) We will dance now and clean up the bowl of hard candies later. Read more
Oh man, there are few things I love more then when Amtrac gets in touch with his softer side, taking a soulful groover like this and rubbing some deep house lotion all over it for a bask in the moonlight. Oh Amtrac, when will I hear you again? Its always too long.
Music for… living out the last days of summer in style and grace. Amtrac gives RAC’s jam a bit of a beachfront club edge with a bit more pep in its step. These are the kinds of sounds I love Amtrac for. It all brings me back to his criminally underrated debut LP Came Along Came Along and that sound he has so long left behind. Oh the good ol days.
I know, I know. It’s been too long. The Remix Roundups are back and I guarantee they will be more fun then ever. Here is Vol 71 for your weekend enjoyment and I already have Vol 72 coming together. Both of them are a kind of “house cleaning” of all the amazing remixes of 2013 that never got Roundup love. They will be followed by the Best Remixes of 2013 post. Thats a lot of music. Drink a lot of water and don’t forget to stretch.
Oh, and there are a few jams included in the ZIP below that aren’t on Soundcloud anymore so make sure you grab that…
[soundcloud id=’23474297′ format=’set’]
Get the ZIP
If the Jammer download page is not working with Facebook connect then please let me know in the comments below. There have been some problems and I want to get them sorted.
Another all-star cast assembled for a jam I should have brought you weeks ago! Everyone doing what they do best! The Knocks whipping up beats, St. Lucia crooning so smooth, and me being late as shit! Tag team! Enter Goldroom for the finishing move!
Update: Amtrac remix!
Amtrac has never been one to be held by boundaries of genre or style and I love him for it. Sometimes he wanders away from my tastes, but then he wanders back and “So High” is exactly that. The closing track on his free new EP The Scheme is a big thumper of a dance jam that chops and churns with propulsive energy. It’s not for the faint of heart or those sitting down. Listen close for the Tears for Fears “Shout” sample!
Ahem! Excuse me. If you thought you were taking a break because last weekend was New Years Eve then forget it. This is the first weekend of 2012 and it’s time to kick things off right. Below is a list of the best remixes of the past 6 months and they are quite restless so please let them out this weekend. Walks and feeding are optional.
Any glaring errors in judgement? Any additions you would make? Any good pizza in L.A.?
♫ = Click to play & right-click to download
25. ♫ Humans – Avec Mes Mecs (Joseph Martin Remix) / Epic song. Turned up to 11. Who knew that all we had to was party?
24. ♫ The Static Jacks – Into The Sun (RAC Maury Mix) / I like my bass (guitar) down low.
23. ♫ Kings of Leon – Sex On Fire (Al Fingers’ Juicy Remix) / Nope. It wasn’t all a dream. It really happened and it was good.
22. ♫ Beethoven – Moonlight Sonata (Sound Remedy Remix) / Don’t fuck with a classic unless you are going to do it justice. That goes double for my dog Beethoven. Good thing justice was served! Plus: wobbles I can stand.
21. ♫ Enrique Iglesias – I Like How It Feels (DWNTWN remixxx) / The original was on in every clothing store in the world for a while there. Making it massively enjoyable again is a huge feat.
20. ♫ Jeremy Glen – New Life (Amtrac Remix) / Soulful pipes strapped on express Amtrac headed for Danceville. Two tickets please.
19. ♫ Jessie and The Toy Boys – Push It (Doctor Rosen Rosen Remix) / It’s all about the chopped up “ohh” beat. Ride it.
18. ♫ Body Language – Holiday (RAC Mix) / Honey baked happiness! Candy coated danceability! Sugar roasted rhythms!
17. ♫ M83 – Midnight City (Alcala Remix) / One of the top remixed songs of the year had stiff competition but Alcala’s slow build explodes the original into the stratospheric massiveness that it always hinted at.
16. ♫ Grouplove – Colours (Foster the People Remix) / Grouplove and Foster The People? It’s like multiplying rainbows together. Of course it’s gonna be awesome.
15. ♫ EverythingEverything – Final Form (Cats Hero Remix) / One of the most spastic bands around stay exactly that way. And all is good in the world.
14. ♫ Gotye – Somebody That I Used to Know (feat. Kimbra) (The 14th Minute Remix) / Piano! There were exactly 427 remixes of this song last year. Only The 14th Minute’s makes this list. (Although some others actually were pretty good)
13. ♫ Unouomedude – Frequency (The Soundmen Remix) / The Soundmen, man. The mutha-freakin Soundmen. Get some.
12. ♫ Angus and Julia Stone – Big Jet Plane (Stern* Disco Remix) / I almost scared to hear the original for fear of ruining the wide-legged elastic swagger of this hot buttered groover. So sexy.
11. ♫ Rihanna – We Found Love (Viceroy Remix) / Don’t hate. Dance. And make weird noises to the beat. No better or more refreshing take on this saturated jam.
10. ♫ Theophilus London – Why Even Try (RAC Remix) / A thousand fantastic RAC mixes ago there was this one. The soundtrack to an indie carnival fun house. Classic.
9. ♫ We Barbarians – Headspace (Grouplove + Captain Cuts Remix) / Remix tag team! This one goes off the high ropes at 0:40 for a full mat slam that keeps me pumped and robot dancing for like forever.
8. ♫ Citizens! – True Romance (Gigamesh Remix) / From the moment Gigamesh drops that beat it’s all over. The windows are down and I’m practically climbing out the window to get the whipping wind on my face. Thank goodness for seat belts.
7. ♫ Kelly Clarkson – Mr Know It All (It’s The DJ Kue Remix!) / DJ Kue absolutely crushed it this year. Radio pop has never had such a generous friend. You tell ’em Kelly! DJ Kue got your back!
6. ♫ Donnis feat. Dev – Ring My Bell (DJ Hotsauce remix) / THE remix of the summer.
5. ♫ M83 – Midnight City (remixé par Who Killed JR) / The piano intro. The faraway creep of the familiar song. The tweaked out grooves. The way all that goes bonkers fireworks style when it drops. A late entry to the “Midnight City” remix game but an absolute crusher in my book.
4. ♫ KAMP! – Cairo (Moullinex Remix) / This one gets stuck in your head and then lays little dancing critters that bust synchronized dance routines every time you poorly sing along.
3. ♫ Lana Del Rey – Video Games (Hannes Fischer Video Remix) / The best slow-build payoff ever. Turn it up loud. Goose bumps. Every time.
2. ♫ Tim & Jean – I Can Show You (Jump Jump Dance Dance Remix) / Just try to hold back the sunshine blazing from every pore of this jam. I will dance every time I hear this remix. Guaranteed.
1. ♫ The Notorious B.I.G – Everyday Struggle (Frogs in Socks BiG Bootleg) / Just as you get your head around the odd and minimal beat you realize that Biggie sounds clearly than ever and everything fits in such an awkwardly perfect way you wonder how such a thing could exist. Then you understand that the world is full of all sorts of miracles that nobody can explain.
/// ZIP File ///
Artwork by Jacob Youngblood Ziegler
Be sure to catch all the 2011 “BEST OF” lists!
Ahhhh! This remix is too good! It’s like liquid sunset being poured into a martini glass that I’m sipping while riding a cashmere carpet covered boogie board on waves of butterflies! DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN? I know you do. Because it’s Amtrac. And that’s just how he do.
So apparently the original came out almost 4 years ago. I had never heard of The Photographic but Amtrac definitely had a good base to work with.