2012 was a fantastic year for party songs. It seems that music is having more fun than ever and I couldn’t be happier to share it with you all. We’ve all had some epic parties set to some epic party playlists and tonight is the night to top them all. (Or not, really. Nothing worse than NYE pressure.) So take a trip down the Read more
Lets not talk about the fact this year is already half over. Thats just insane. About as insane as the quality of jams that have been pumping through TBE HQ’s speakers these past 6 months. Here is the best of the best. Did I miss any? Did you miss any?
(Thanks to Vladimir Bobritskiy for the album art.)
25. My Great Ghost – Plain Sight / A pulsating, haunting, and thoroughly beautiful journey.
The Very Best are back (minus half of production team Radioclit)! “Yoshua Alikuti” dropped a few weeks back and now “Kondaine.” These jams don’t seem as catchy as stuff from Warm Heart Of Africa but their lust for fun and silliness is in full affect and amen to that.
the only way the taste of me is pouring sugar on the outside
- Who: Seye Adelekan
- What: Angular electro pop, like Jhameel, Ghost Beach, Asbjorn
- Where: London + Facebook / Soundcloud / Amazon
- When: Nothing official yet but regular covers pop up on his Soundcloud.
- Why: If you are sitting down you won’t be for long cause this is a body mover! I put this on in the car with my brother the other day right away he said “woah.” It’s an appropriate reaction. The song comes at you quick. But that’s whats so great. Seye has a perfect beat and he works it. His smooth voice draping over it, adding sheen to the rhythm. It’s no surprise the musicianship is tight as a jam jar since Seye (pronounced Shey-ah) has long been doing guitar work for bands like The Noisettes and Ellie Goulding. Plus his brother Gbenga is in Metronomy so there is clearly something in that blood. All I know is I have “White Noise” on pretty much constant repeat.