I guess you could say I enjoy The Fray just as much as the next guy. Never fell in love with ’em but Ted and I definitely belted out a few drunken renditions of “Over My Head (Cable Car)” back in day. Well the good times continue with their cover of Kanye’s “Heartless.” At first it seems like an odd choice but listen to how Isaac Slade’s voice beautifully emotes Kanye’s heartbreak while still maintaining the swagger and the groove. And all that without that damned vocoder. I had no idea how much I hated that vocoder until I heard this song sung without it. Well done dude.
Miike Snow is 3 dudes who:
1) Are not named Miike or Snow. I dont think.
2) Appear to be from Stockholm and/or NYC.
3) Have been remixed by TBE super-crush Crookers.
4) Have an antlered-rabbit logo that I don’t think they realize looks more like a vibrator-head-rabbit.
5) Remixed Vampire Weekend’s album closer into a quite pleasing blend of beats and bleeps and bloops. (The bloops are my fave.)