This weekend’s MixTape is not TBE-produced but you will dig it nonetheless. If the name didn’t already give it away, it is not to shabby. Wondering how a dude with a name like Mwamawaya got mixed up (ha!) with a group who goes by the moniker “Radioclit?” Yeah, me too. Their official story tells it best.
Esau Mwamwaya was born in Mzuzu in Malawi, East Africa. He grew up in the capital, Lilongwe, and played drums in various bands, including Masaka Band.Â In 1999 he moved to London, and ran a second-hand furniture store near Radioclit’s old studio.Â After the Radioclit boys bought a bike from Esau they invited him to one of their house warming parties, made friends, and started making music together. Two years later the project has gotten it’s name, The Very Best.
Good thing Radioclit found him because I hear they are wicked hard to find. I mean,Â of course I know where it is they are. Duh.
The track you have been no doubt feelin’ has guest vocals by Ben Brewer, the dude responsible for the newly minted MIA Jr. Yeah I know, what is it with all these shlubs boning the hottest talent of ’08 and then getting love on my blog.?
The Very Best on MySpace and Track list after the jump…
1) Kamphopo (vocals: Esau Mwamwaya, music: Architecture In Helsinki – Heart It Races)
2) Wena (vocals: Esau Mwamwaya & Bleksem, music: DJ Cleo – Wena)
3) Tengazako (vocals: Esau Mwamwaya, music: M.I.A. – Paper Planes)
4) Chikondi (vocals: Esau Mwamwaya, music: Hans Zimmer – True Romance Theme)
5) Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa (The Very Best Remix) (vocals: Esau Mwamwaya, music: Radioclit & Vampire Weekend)
6) Hide & Seek (vocals: Esau Mwamwaya & Teki Latex, music: TTC – Batards Sensibles)
7) Salota (vocals: Esau Mwamwaya and BLK JKS, music: Cannibal Ox – Lifeâ€™s Ill)
8) Boyz (vocals: Esau Mwamwaya, Akon & M.I.A., music: M.I.A. – Boyz)
9) Sister Betina (vocals: Esau Mwamwaya & Mgarimbe, music: Mgarimbe – Sister Betina)
10) Birthday (vocals: Esau Mwamwaya & The Ruby Suns, music: The Ruby Suns)
11) Funa Funa (vocals: Esau Mwamwaya, music: Radioclit)
12) Kada Manja (Classical Version) (vocals: Esau Mwamwaya, music: Radioclit)
13) Dinosaur on the Ark (The Very Best Remix) (vocals: Esau Mwamwaya & Ben Brewer, music: Bermuda)
14) Get It Up (The Very Best Remix) (vocals : Esau Mwamwaya, Santogold, M.I.A & Northern Cree, music: Radioclit)
15) Will You Be There (vocals: Esau Mwamwaya & Michael Jackson, music: Michael Jackson – Will You Be There)
https://www.theburningear.com/media/2009/02/theverybestfront.jpg400400Brandonhttps://www.theburningear.com/media/2015/03/TBE-Header-Logo-2015-stack1.pngBrandon2009-02-27 13:46:432011-04-10 19:05:17For You? Only The Very Best!