J. Laser – “Dreamphone”
Location: Los Angeles, CA.
Location: Los Angeles, CA.
Well, its finally here! The full album download of The Burning Ear’s 5 Year Anniversary Album! A big thank to you all the bands that made such amazing jams for this project. It is a hug honor to have my name stamped on the cover of this but the real props go to the musicians. You all killed it!
There are few songs as iconic and massive as M83’s “Midnight
[/sociallocker] [text-blocks id=”26476″]
AÂ continuationÂ of my feature at The Burning Ear, Remix Roundups are aÂ collectionÂ of the freshest remixes on the planet. Â You can search high and low, in this world or another, but you won’t find a remix series this dope in this galaxy or the next – Â For we are from only space.
For more jams or by any of these artists use the â€˜tagsâ€™ links at the bottom of the post!Â Â FollowÂ @Lights3MusicÂ on Twitter for updates on remixes, dubstep and all things Nurdy.
Passion Pit – Take A Walk (Peking Duk Remix)Â / When it drops,… oohhh soo good. Â Its head bobbing, its intoxicating and if you let it-Â completelyÂ mind numbing. Â Pimp it.
David Guetta – Titanium (Mistereric Mix)Â / Imagine, a world of lightly crashing waves, sunny weather andÂ gorgeousÂ women rolling skating to theÂ rhythm. Â Thats what this song means to me. Â Its got mad vibes. Â Jump in.
WithÂ craziness ofÂ SXSW nearly a week behind us, its feels good to be home… and although I pride myself on my party prowess- I think it will take weeks to fully recover from that madness. Â 51 shows in four days… that has to be a record for an individual party. Â In the mean time (back in reality), I’m supplementing my diet with extreme amounts ofÂ caffeineÂ and sugar. Â If Im diagnosed withÂ diabetesÂ in a week, we’ll certainly know why.
Its only thursday, but with the combo of caffeine and the sweet tuneage below, a spontanouse dance party at work is absolutely necessary. Â Get down with your self.
For more jams or by any of these artists use the â€˜tagsâ€™ links at the bottom of the post!Â Follow @JoelAlbers on Twitter for updates on remixes, dubstep and all things Nurdy.
â™«Â Whitney Houston – How Will I Know (VOODOO FARM REMIX)
â™«Â Arcade Fire – Sprawl II (Soulwax Rmx)
â™«Â The Knocks – Brightside (The Sound of Arrows Remix)
The Knocks have been kicking out singes and EPs for a stretch now, earning many a post on TBE. Their endless stellar remixes would be enough to make them golden DJ gods but their own super jams like “Blackout” and “Dancing With The DJ” have earned them the real dance-floor props. Plus they did a great EP of Motwon covers AND they produce the beloved Alex Winston. With that many things on my radar I don’t know how their latest EP Magic evaded detection back in December but luckily I caught them live a few weeks back. After being floored by their outstanding set I promptly bought Magic and relived the whole dance party at home. You can too! Stream 2 of the 5 tracks here. Also get on the above remix of EP standout “Brightside.” AND this cover of “Midnight City.” The jams never stop! â™«Â The Knocks – Midnight City (M83 Cover)
Artist links:Â FacebookÂ / SoundcloudÂ / Amazon
Any glaring errors in judgement? Any additions you would make? Any good pizza in L.A.?
â™«Â = Click to play &Â right-click to download
25. â™«Â Humans – Avec Mes Mecs (Joseph Martin Remix)Â / Epic song. Turned up to 11. Who knew that all we had to was party?
24. â™«Â The Static Jacks – Into The Sun (RAC Maury Mix)Â / I like my bass (guitar) down low.
23.Â â™«Â Kings of Leon – Sex On Fire (Al Fingers’ Juicy Remix)Â / Nope. It wasn’t all a dream. It really happened and it was good.
22. â™«Â Beethoven – Moonlight Sonata (Sound Remedy Remix)Â / Don’t fuck with a classic unless you are going to do it justice. That goes double for my dog Beethoven. Good thing justice was served! Plus: wobbles I can stand.
21. â™«Â Enrique Iglesias – I Like How It Feels (DWNTWN remixxx)Â / The original was on in every clothing store in the world for a while there. Making it massively enjoyable again is a huge feat.
20. â™«Â Jeremy Glen – New Life (Amtrac Remix)Â / Soulful pipes strapped on express Amtrac headed for Danceville. Two tickets please.
19. â™«Â Jessie and The Toy Boys – Push It (Doctor Rosen Rosen Remix)Â / It’s all about the chopped up “ohh” beat. Ride it.
18.Â â™«Â Body Language – Holiday (RAC Mix)Â / Honey baked happiness! Candy coated danceability! Sugar roasted rhythms!
17. â™«Â M83 – Midnight City (Alcala Remix)Â / One of the top remixed songs of the year had stiff competition but Alcala’s slow build explodes the original into the stratospheric massiveness that it always hinted at.
16.Â â™«Â Grouplove – Colours (Foster the People Remix)Â / Grouplove and Foster The People? It’s like multiplying rainbows together. Of course it’s gonna be awesome.
15. â™«Â EverythingEverything – Final Form (Cats Hero Remix)Â / One of the most spastic bands around stay exactly that way. And all is good in the world.
14. â™«Â Gotye – Somebody That I Used to Know (feat. Kimbra) (The 14th Minute Remix)Â / Piano! There were exactly 427 remixes of this song last year. Only The 14th Minute’s makes this list. (Although some others actually were pretty good)
13. â™«Â Unouomedude – Frequency (The Soundmen Remix)Â / The Soundmen, man. The mutha-freakin Soundmen. Get some.
12. â™«Â Angus and Julia Stone – Big Jet Plane (Stern* Disco Remix)Â / I almost scared to hear the original for fear of ruining the wide-legged elastic swagger of this hot buttered groover. So sexy.
11. â™«Â Rihanna – We Found Love (Viceroy Remix)Â / Don’t hate. Dance. And make weird noises to the beat. No better or more refreshing take on this saturated jam.
10.Â â™«Â Theophilus London – Why Even Try (RAC Remix)Â / A thousand fantastic RAC mixes ago there was this one. The soundtrack to an indie carnival fun house. Classic.
9. â™«Â We Barbarians – Headspace (Grouplove + Captain Cuts Remix)Â / Remix tag team! This one goes off the high ropes at 0:40 for a full mat slam that keeps me pumped and robot dancing for like forever.
8. â™«Â Citizens! – True Romance (Gigamesh Remix)Â / From the moment Gigamesh drops that beat it’s all over. The windows are down and I’m practically climbing out the window to get the whipping wind on my face. Thank goodness for seat belts.
7. â™«Â Kelly Clarkson – Mr Know It All (It’s The DJ Kue Remix!)Â / DJ Kue absolutely crushed it this year. Radio pop has never had such a generous friend. You tell ’em Kelly! DJ Kue got your back!
6. â™«Â Donnis feat. Dev – Ring My Bell (DJ Hotsauce remix)Â / THE remix of the summer.
5. â™«Â M83 – Midnight City (remixÃ© par Who Killed JR)Â / The piano intro. The faraway creep of the familiar song. The tweaked out grooves. The way all that goes bonkers fireworks style when it drops. A late entry to the “Midnight City” remix game but an absolute crusher in my book.
4. â™«Â KAMP! – Cairo (Moullinex Remix)Â / This one gets stuck in your head and then lays little dancing critters that bust synchronized dance routines every time you poorly sing along.
3. â™«Â Lana Del Rey – Video Games (Hannes Fischer Video Remix)Â / The best slow-build payoff ever. Turn it up loud. Goose bumps. Every time.
2. â™«Â Tim & Jean – I Can Show You (Jump Jump Dance Dance Remix)Â / Just try to hold back the sunshine blazing from every pore of this jam. I will dance every time I hear this remix. Guaranteed.
1. â™«Â The Notorious B.I.G – Everyday Struggle (Frogs in Socks BiG Bootleg)Â / Just as you get your head around the odd and minimal beat you realize that Biggie sounds clearly than ever and everything fits in such anÂ awkwardlyÂ perfect way you wonder how such a thing could exist. Then you understand that the world is full of all sorts of miracles that nobody can explain.
///Â ZIP FileÂ ///