zip file —> TBE’s Summer In Hi-Fi (Tracks 9 & 15 are switched in the filenames. Wont be able to fix that for a while. They are correct in the post, though!)
Most of these songs have been featured before but the few new ones will get a little note on their awesomeness. All in all, we’ve got 4 tracks with ‘surf’ in the title, 3 with ‘learn,’ and two with ‘tropic.’ Oh, and one with ‘hammock.’ Sounds about right to me. How about you? Which jam are you loving most? And perhaps even more interestingly, which track are you hating and wondering how I ruined this great mix with it? I wanna hear all sides! Or just put it on your iPod and go enjoy the sunshine!
1. â™« The Foals – This Orient
3. â™« The Cat Empire – Fishies / These guys are huge in their native Australia and I’m looking forward to their next album breaking them into full TBE coverage! I think you can hear why!
4. â™« Kid Cudi, Best Coast and Rostam Batmanglij of Vampire Weekend – All Summer / ConverseÂ commissionedÂ these artists to make a summer song and the results aren’t half bad!
5. â™« Penguin Prison – Worse It Gets (RAC Mix) / These days, nothing makes me happier this jam.
6. â™« Dragonette – Our Summer Volcano / New single from Dragonette. Awwww, yeah…
7. â™« Shy Child – Summer
8. â™« Slang Chickens – Tropics
9. â™« Is Tropical – Seasick Mutiny
10. â™« Tokyo Police Club – Gone
11. â™« Superchunk – Learned to Surf
14. â™« Surfer Blood – Take It Easy
15. â™« Millionyoung – Hammock
16. BONUS TRACK:Â â™« Totally Michael – Summertime / This track isn’t for everyone…. just people who like FUN!