â™«Â = Click to play &Â right-click to download
25. â™«Â The Lisps – TryÂ / A late addition in the year but after it became a family anthem during the holidays it solidified it’s greatness. A paerfect song to kick of 2012 with!
24. â™«Â Washington – How To Tame LionsÂ / Easy to dismiss on first listen. Impossible to on your 19th.
23. â™«Â Handsome Furs – RepatriatedÂ / A massive recording and even bigger live. If you aren’t moving now you are dead. Or hate rock music. Same thing, really.
22. â™«Â Swiss Lips – U Got The PowerÂ / I hope you tidied your head cause this one moves in and hangs posters. And it doesn’t abide by noise curfews.
21. â™«Â Jelly Jells – BeautifulÂ / Raw, from the heart, and incredibly catchy. An anthem for all of us.
20. â™«Â Butcher Blades – Jigsaw LimbsÂ / Still one of the most innovative and original bands in the game. Harsh sounds and tender vocals married in blissful harmony.
19. â™«Â DWNTWN – Hungry HeartsÂ / The fact that this track hasn’t risen up from the internets and taken over the world is astounding.
18. â™«Â Heems – WOMYN aka HITCHÂ / Women need the praise and men need the advice. And I need more Heems rhymes. Shampoo!
17. â™«Â Brown Shoe – Late NightsÂ / Lyrics that probably resonate with everyone that has heard it. Plus the music stops me in my tracks every time I hear it.
16. â™«Â I Am In Love – Call Me An AnimalÂ / Be cautious listening to this jam while operating motor vehicles. Dangerous speeds may occur.
15. â™«Â M83 – Midnight CityÂ / The song that spawed a million remixes was pretty damn good to begin with.
14. â™«Â Pictureplane – Post PhysicalÂ / An odd title because all this song makes me want to do is get physical and steam up some windows.
13. â™«Â Urban Cone – Urban PhotographÂ / The Swedes know catchy, bouncy, indie pop. It must be in the water.
12. â™«Â Capital Cities – Safe and SoundÂ / How did “Pumped Up Kicks” become the summer anthem for a second year instead of this jam coming out of every 4th of July boombox?
11. â™«Â Yalls – GermsÂ / Can I coin the termÂ gurgle-pop? It’s gonna be big in 2012.
10. â™«Â Christopher Norman – MapsÂ / It’s only a gentle mist of a song but on sometimes that’s all you need.
9. â™«Â tUnE-YarDs – GangstaÂ / White chicks singing about being gangsta has never been a good idea until now.
8. â™«Â Walk The Moon – I Can Lift a CarÂ / Harmony of the year. I dare you not to sing along. So damn good.
7. â™«Â Shabazz Places – Swerve… The reeping of all that is worthwhile (Noir not withstanding)Â / Creeping and crunching with authority, this jam is equal parts weird and amazing. Plus: mad flow.
6. â™«Â Y Luv – All NightÂ / Stadium sized rock is not dead.
5. â™«Â Azealia Banks – 212Â / Massive dirty dance music with more twists than a Dan Brown novel.
4. â™«Â Mammal Club – OtterÂ / Angular British indie rock at it’s grandest.
3. â™«Â Bombay Bicycle Club – ShuffleÂ / Piano! Drums! Guitar! Vocals! Bass! Handclaps! Everything is too much fun!
2. â™«Â Drake – Marvins RoomÂ / I know Drake doesn’t want people saying they “feel” him but on this jam I feel him. I feel his weight. Like it or not, he conveys it all so well one can’t help it.
1. â™«Â Gotye – Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra)Â / Because the song is good. Because then it gets great. Because just when you think it’s one man’s woes, we get the other side. Because at 3:01 I get shivers down my spine. Because we all have somebody that we used to know.
///Â ZIP FileÂ ///